Skip to main content

Lemon Blueberry Loaf Cake

A super soft yummy cake. I dont know why it took so long for me to bake this. Every time when i go through my recipe book i stop at this recipe and say 'one day'... May b the ingredients hold me back. Blueberries and heavy cream are not common in my city.
       There was a carton of fresh cream, bought a few weeks back and i wanted to use it up. I substituted heavy cream with it. I havent seen heavy cream till now so dont know the differences. I was keeping my fingers crossed till the cake was done.
The baking time was far different than mentioned in the recipe, but after the long wait the end product was so delicious. Everyone loved it and the cake was almost over in minutes...
Do give this a try.....u cant bake it just once.

Ingredients

Butter- 100gms
Flour-2cups
Sugar-1cup
Lemon zest-1tbsp
Lemon juice-2tbsp
Heavy cream-3/4 cup
Vanilla-1tsp
Baking powder-1/4 tsp
Bakingsoda-1/4 tsp
Salt-1/4 tsp
Eggs-2 nos
Blue berries-1 1/4 cup

Method

  • In a small bowl combine cream,lemon juice and vanilla
  • In another bowl mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt
  • Cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs one at a time and beat
  • Now beat in the flour in 3 batches alternating with cream mixture.  
  • Pour this into a greased and dusted loaf pan
  •  Bake in a 180℃ preheated oven for 30 minutes or untill a tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
  • Cool on a cake rack


Notes
  • I used fresh cream and 3 eggs.
  • It took more than an hour for the cake to bake.so dont panic if the is not done in time....just go on increasing time till its done.But dont increase temperature.
  • Quantity of blueberry can be varied. If u cant find blueberries ,try with dried black grapes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paal Payasam

This paal payasam is very easy to make and tastes divine just like those you get in wedding sadhyas. As the festival of Onam is fast approaching am posting this as one of my Onam recipes. How many of you are fans of those rose coloured paalada pradhaman

Pineapple Souffle

Uff.....the summer is on ,its hot hot super hot.... The temperature is increasing year by year... I cant imagine that once we played outdoor games during our summer vacations. At that time the temperature was not this high,the heat was tolerable and the summer breeze were soothing.It was the most awaited time of the year. Now a days its really burning outside,sun burns and heat strokes which we barely heard in those days has become too common

Pineapple Sago Payasam

Its the month of Onam...The celebration of 10 days starts today.. The word Onam itself brings a nostalgic feeling to everyone. I had my best onam days at my Father's tharavadu. All those memories are related to my Father's brother. He was the one to lead all the preperations from flower carpet to feast. And I was his helper all those days as I was the first and eldest child in the family