Skip to main content

Pineapple Sago Payasam


Its the month of Onam...The celebration of 10 days starts today..
The word Onam itself brings a nostalgic feeling to everyone. I had my best onam days at my Father's tharavadu. All those memories are related to my Father's brother. He was the one to lead all the preperations from flower carpet to feast. And I was his helper all those days as I was the first and eldest child in the family
. Today he is not with us, hope he can see that Onam is not the same for me ever since.
Well back from all those memories lets come to my Onam recipie for you...
For any feast the star attraction is always the dessert and for sadhya its the PAYASAM. I am planning to share 3 payasam recipies for you.
So my first recipie for you is Pineapple Sago Payasam. Many of you may already know this, but I hope my method would be easy...It saves a lot of time and effort.


Ingredients

Milk - 4 cup
Sugar - 1 cup + 2 tablespoon
Sago - 1/4 cup
Pineapple - 1 small

Method

  • Chop the pineapple.Add 2 tablespoon of sugar. Cook till all the water is drained. Cool and refrigerate
  • In a medium sized pressure cooker, add milk and sugar. Keep the cooker on medium flame. When heavy steam comes through the nozzle, put on the whistle. Reduce flame to low and cook for 30 minutes. Switch off the flame. Let the cooker rest for one hour .
  • Cook the sago in some water. Once nicely cooked add the milk from the cooker to the sago. Boil for few minutes. Switch off the flame. Cool to room temperature, then refrigerate.
  • At the time of serving mix the sago payasam and caramelized pineapple for individual portion.


Notes
There shouldn't be any moisture in the cooker or utensils used for milk and sugar. Else the milk will curdle.
Adjust the sugar to your taste. But dont reduce beyond 3/4 cup.
Refrigeration is must for both pineapple and sago as this prevents from curdling. Mix them both only just before serving.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paal Payasam

This paal payasam is very easy to make and tastes divine just like those you get in wedding sadhyas. As the festival of Onam is fast approaching am posting this as one of my Onam recipes. How many of you are fans of those rose coloured paalada pradhaman

Pineapple Souffle

Uff.....the summer is on ,its hot hot super hot.... The temperature is increasing year by year... I cant imagine that once we played outdoor games during our summer vacations. At that time the temperature was not this high,the heat was tolerable and the summer breeze were soothing.It was the most awaited time of the year. Now a days its really burning outside,sun burns and heat strokes which we barely heard in those days has become too common