Skip to main content

Chicken Fry ( Kerala Style)

I have never ordered chicken 65 from any restaurant, its not because am health conscious,its just that those few pieces will never be enough for us. I have searched a lot for a fool proof recipe until I/ found this . Its not chicken 65 recipe but a kerala style fry. I think its better than chicken 65,and guilt free too, no synthetic food colours or artificial flavours
.
'Cooking is easy' by Nisa  is a blog I read regularly.....I like the way she makes those complicated recipes into simple ones. And  whatever I  had tried from her blog,I din have to compromise with the taste. This recipe is adopted from her blog......and may be you will forget chicken 65 after tasting this.

Adopted from - Cooking Is Easy
Author - Nisa

Ingredients

  • Chicken  -  750gms
  • Coriander seeds  -  1 tbsp
  • Cumin seeds (Jeera)  -  1/2 tsp
  • Fennel seeds (perumjeerakam)  -  1/4 tsp
  • Red chilies  -  6 nos ( 12 to 14 if using kashmiri chilly)
  • Garlic  -  6 pods
  • Ginger  -  1 inch piece
  • Chilly powder  -  2 tsp
  • Tumeric powder  -  1/2 tsp
  • Lemon  -  1 nos ( extract juice)
  • Salt  -  to taste
  • Curry Leaves  -  a handful
  • Oil for frying
Method


  • Coarsly powder coriander,cumin,fennel and red chillies together. Add garlic and  ginger and pulse for a few times.
  •  Add this mixture along with rest of the ingredients except curry leaves to chicken and mix thoroughly.
  •  Keep refrigerated overnight or rest the marinated chicken for atleast 2 hours.
  •  Heat oil and fry the chicken till brown. Fry the curry leaves in same oil and add to the chicken. Serve hot. 
Notes

  • Adjust chilly according to your taste.
  • I fried curry leaves along with chicken.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paal Payasam

This paal payasam is very easy to make and tastes divine just like those you get in wedding sadhyas. As the festival of Onam is fast approaching am posting this as one of my Onam recipes. How many of you are fans of those rose coloured paalada pradhaman

Pineapple Souffle

Uff.....the summer is on ,its hot hot super hot.... The temperature is increasing year by year... I cant imagine that once we played outdoor games during our summer vacations. At that time the temperature was not this high,the heat was tolerable and the summer breeze were soothing.It was the most awaited time of the year. Now a days its really burning outside,sun burns and heat strokes which we barely heard in those days has become too common

Pineapple Sago Payasam

Its the month of Onam...The celebration of 10 days starts today.. The word Onam itself brings a nostalgic feeling to everyone. I had my best onam days at my Father's tharavadu. All those memories are related to my Father's brother. He was the one to lead all the preperations from flower carpet to feast. And I was his helper all those days as I was the first and eldest child in the family