Skip to main content

CHUTNEY PAKODA



It was while watching the movie 'Band Baja Bharath' I first saw bread pakoda. I wanted to try it very badly.
I started searching for the recipe,thinking it wud b a easy simple tea time snack. But once I found the recipe,I came to know tat its not as easy as I expected. Boiling and mashing potato,cutting vegies,making batter,making chutney.....that a lot of work for lazy me
. So I backed away
One rainy evening I was craving for hot tea and a spicy snack to go with it. I was planning to make onion pakoda but unfortunatly I didnt have any onions left in my basket. Searching for another option ,I thought of simplyfying bread pakoda recipe. I cut the whole potato filling ,instead thought of using chutney(which was to be used as dip) to sanwich the bread. And I used coconut chutney instead of green chutney.

Ingredients

Bread - 4 slice

For chutney
Grated coconut - 1/4 cup
Green chillies - 1 or 2
Coriander leaves chopped - 1/2 tbsp
Ginger - very small piece
Shallot - 1 nos (optional)

For batter
Besan/chick pea flour - 1/2 to 3/4 cup
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Red chilly powder - 1/2 tsp
Garam masala powder- 1/4 tsp
Salt - to taste
Oil - for frying

Method

  • Grind together the ingredients for chutney with some slt. Keep aside
  • Mix together the ingredients for the batter. 
  • Make a batter with water. The batter should have a consistency as that of dosa batter.
  • Spread the chutney on top of a bread slice and cover it with another slice. Repeat the same for the remaining slices.
  • Cut each sandwich diagnally into four.
  • Heat oil on medium low flame. Dip each sandwich in the batter and deep fry in oil until golden brown
  • Serve hot with ketchup
Notes

  • Adjust the consistency of the batter so as to get a thick layer of coating
  • Make sure that the batter coats the edges of the sandwich evenly
  • Use bread which is one day old
  • Fry the sandwiches immediately after dipping in batter or the bread becomes soggy








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paal Payasam

This paal payasam is very easy to make and tastes divine just like those you get in wedding sadhyas. As the festival of Onam is fast approaching am posting this as one of my Onam recipes. How many of you are fans of those rose coloured paalada pradhaman

Pineapple Souffle

Uff.....the summer is on ,its hot hot super hot.... The temperature is increasing year by year... I cant imagine that once we played outdoor games during our summer vacations. At that time the temperature was not this high,the heat was tolerable and the summer breeze were soothing.It was the most awaited time of the year. Now a days its really burning outside,sun burns and heat strokes which we barely heard in those days has become too common

Pineapple Sago Payasam

Its the month of Onam...The celebration of 10 days starts today.. The word Onam itself brings a nostalgic feeling to everyone. I had my best onam days at my Father's tharavadu. All those memories are related to my Father's brother. He was the one to lead all the preperations from flower carpet to feast. And I was his helper all those days as I was the first and eldest child in the family